Monday, 25 April 2011

Kate Bush is back....

I am a huge fan of Kate Bush so naturally, when I found out she was releasing new material, I was over the moon. At 52, kate's voice is as spectacular as ever and it's safe to say, she has less wrinkles than I do at 19. At first, her clips of her new material were a bit shocking to me, as Deeper Understanding has this full on techno bit in it...HOWEVER...it's grown on me. She's re-written some of her favourite songs from The Sensual World and The Red Shoes. I'll post some videos on this as well courtesy of YouTube.




 “Originally when I wrote the song ‘The Sensual World’ I had used text from the end of ‘Ulysses’ by James Joyce, put to a piece of music I had written. When I asked for permission to use the text I was refused, which was disappointing. I then wrote my own lyrics for the song although I felt that the original idea had been more interesting.  Well, I’m not James Joyce am I? When I came to work on this project I thought I would ask for permission again and this time they said yes.   It is now re-titled ‘Flower Of the Mountain’ and I am delighted that I have had the chance to fulfill the original concept”.


  1. FLOWER OF THE MOUNTAIN (a new version of the song originally titled ‘The Sensual World’)
  2. SONG OF SOLOMON
  3. DEEPER UNDERSTANDING
  4. LILY
  5. THE RED SHOES
  6. THIS WOMAN’S WORK
  7. MOMENTS OF PLEASURE
  8. NEVER BE MINE
  9. TOP OF THE CITY
  10. AND SO IS LOVE
  11. RUBBERBAND GIRL


“For some time I have felt that I wanted to revisit tracks from these two albums and that they could benefit from having new life breathed into them. Lots of work had gone into the two original albums and now these songs have another layer of work woven into their fabric. I think of this as a new album”.


Kate has also hinted at touring, so fingers crossed. I will be first in line to get tickets if that's the case!

"It was enormously enjoyable. But physically it was absolutely exhausting. I still don't give up hope completely that I'll be able to do some live work, but it's certainly not in the picture at the moment. Maybe I will do some shows some day. I'd like to think so, before I get too ancient - turn up with my Zimmer frame. I enjoy singing, but with the albums it's the whole process I find so interesting. If I was going to do some shows it would be the same thing."









The new video contains Robbie Coltraine and Noel Fielding!!!!!!! :O






for more information visit  http://www.katebushnews.com/ (it's where i got most of the quotes and info!)

No comments:

Post a Comment