Sunday, 30 January 2011

Corfu here I come!!


Today I booked a Holiday in Corfu for June! I'm so excited having wanted to go to Corfu for a while now since watching BBC's 'My Family and Other Animals.' Instead of waiting around, trying to make a decision, I just made a rash decision to get up and go, (albiet slightly inspired by the film once more) and I'm so glad I did. I'm seriously so, so excited! Especially as I've never flewn before. Whenever I've been to France and Paris I've always gotten the Ferry or Eurostar so it's something different.



If you haven't seen it, you really need to.It's effectivley the autobiograohy of Gerald Durrell-the naturist; telling the story of his life on the island between 1935-1939. I'm dying to read the book and need to get it ASAP.  It also has one of the best ever soundtracks i've ever heard on a movie. (Obviously, Amelie, The Piano, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are in there with my Top Ten too.) Here's the first ten minutes of the movie taken from YouTube:


1 comment:

  1. Shell, this is a dream getaway! I am so happy for you. June will be here before you know it and you'll be off to experience one of the greatest adventures of your life!

    ReplyDelete